Registration – PreK
Kiker Elementary is now closed. We will update the registration information as we determine a timeline and process. Please email Amy McGovern for specific questions.
Eligibility for District-supported Pre-K
- have limited English proficiency, or
- qualify for free and reduced-cost lunch, or
- a child of active military parent, or
- a child of a parent who was injured or killed during active military duty, or
- who have been in the care of the Department of Family and Protective Services, or
- who are homeless or
- are the child of a person who received the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer, a firefighter or an emergency medical first responder
Registration for district-supported Pre-K for the 2020–21 school year is open at this time.
First: Please complete your online application. To access the online registration system, an account must be created in the Parent Cloud, at my.austinisd.org.
Second: At the end of the online process, you will upload any documents you have ready. Or you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Up-to-date immunization record
- Current proof of residence
- Current lease agreement; or
- The most recent tax receipt, which indicates the property is a homestead; or
- The most recent (within 45 days) gas or electric bill including the address and the adult’s name; or
- Mortgage receipt (within 45 days) including address and adult’s name; or
- Documentation indicating that the student’s family will occupy a residence that has been leased or purchased within 45 days of the student’s enrollment date (additional documentation may be requested)
- Parent Driver’s License
- Proof of Income
One of the following documents must be provided in order to process the application for enrollment:
- Limited-English proficient (LEP)– If the student has any language other than English indicated on the Home Language Survey, the student will need to be assessed.
- Educationally disadvantaged– The following documents are accepted for income: Pay stubs a) if overtime the three most recent pay stubs are required. b)if no overtime on most recent pay stub then only one pay stub is required; OR paid in cash by employer- a letter from employer must be submitted and the letter must be signed and a contact number be provided by the employer; OR Self employed-income tax or monthly ledger; OR SNAP/MEDICAID/TANF- the letter must have the start and end date, child’s full name and eligibility number.
- Child of Military Parent (active duty, injured or killed in the line of duty)–A military statement of service will suffice. Please do not send a photo of a military ID.
- Homeless–A Student Residency Questionnaire(SRQ) will be required at time of application AND again in August.
- Foster/DFPS– if the student is currently a foster child or has ever been in foster care/DFPS a) the PK Letter of Eligibility is required per section 262.201, family code to qualify b) any additional forms should be submitted as well.
- The resolution (certificate) awarded to the individual for a child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as: a peace officer under Section 3106.002, Government Code; a firefighter under Section 3106.003, Government Code; or an emergency medical first responder under Section 3106.004, Government Code
Third: Complete the AISD home language survey here: https://tinyurl.com/Kinder-Home-Language-Survey
We will continue to communicate via email with each family individually to determine eligibility for the 2020-2021 school year.
If you have specific questions please email email@example.com.
10/1 - Donna Kilpatrick
10/3 - Chris Bryson
10/4 - Raven Jeffrey
10/11 - Veronica Taylor
10/19 - Nicole Kruszona
10/25 - Kyle Anderson
10/26 - Paige Hariharan
10/31 - Kim Reiman