Kiker Elementary PTA’s Dr. Lori Schneider Scholarship for High School Graduates honors our former principal who valued education and left a legacy of kindness, dignity and respect (KDR) during her 14 year tenure at principal of the school. It also celebrates high school graduates who are committed to education and who embody KDR.
Applicants must have attended Kiker Elementary School. To apply, submit the following in an envelope marked “Kiker PTA Scholarship” to Kiker Elementary School office or mail to: Kiker PTA Scholarship, ℅ Kiker Elementary, 5913 La Crosse Ave, Austin, TX 78739:
- Resume of Service in Community and Extracurricular / Work activities
- Completed Student / Parent Authorization Form
- Completed Application Form
- Most current High School Transcript (optional))
Application deadline: Postmarked / Delivered no later than March 31.
About the scholarship:
The amount of the scholarship will be $500. The selection committee will consist of the following: Administrative Staff, PTA Vice President, Teacher / Staff, PTA At-large.
- August/September - Selection committee meets to finalize and make changes to the Scholarship Application. Any changes must be approved by the PTA board.
- March 1 - Application window opens.
- March 31 - Application window closes.
- April 30 - Determination of scholarship recipient(s) made no later than this date.
- May 1 – Recipient(s) notified of decision by email and posted to Kiker website.
- Fifth grade graduation ceremony (or a PTA general meeting) – Awards and recognition of scholarship recipient(s).
2019 Scholarship recipients: Rachael Baschnagel. Cade Blagdan, Carina Vockell, Swati Yarlagadda
2020 Scholarship recipients: Lawson Crow and Cara Spralding
2021 Scholarship recipients: Mia Ternus and Ava Motes
2022 Scholarship recipients: Sadie McDonald & Ali Wayman
2023 Scholarship recipients: Nora Isabel Kely and Sara Laux.
School Picture Day
School Spirit Day!
Wear your BLUE!!
APEX Launch and School Pep Rally
APEX Fun Run!
PTA Sponsored Monster Mash and General Membership Meeting