ONLINE REGISTRATION FOR THE 2022-2023 SCHOOL YEAR IS OPEN!
How do I register my student?
Returning families can register their children by logging in to their AISD Portal account under the student registration icon. The online registration system is available only through the AISD Portal at portal.austinisd.org. You would have to update any information that has changed.
What if I have a new address?
All returning students who’ve had a recent change of address must submit proof of residency to their campus for the 2022–23 school year. Please contact your child’s campus for more details.
Create an Austin ISD Portal account. For families registering students new to AISD, please create an AISD Portal account portal.austinisd.org to access the online registration system.
Need to create an account? Follow these step-by-step instructions:
How do I register my student for 2021–22?
Please visit your child’s home campus to register for the current school year.
How do I find my student’s home campus?
Visit www.austinisd.org/school-finder to see which is your child’s home campus. The page will connect you to a map where you can enter your home or apartment address.
What paperwork do I need?
Families registering students new to AISD will need to upload the following documents:
• Child’s birth certificate
• Child’s social security card (optional)
• Child’s immunization records
• Child’s withdrawal form/last report card (if applicable)
• Parent/Guardian photo ID
• Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
• Proof of residency
Families that are interested in Pre-K4 should follow the steps listed below:
1. Complete the Screener at https://www.austinisd.org/early-childhood
The screener will help identify the program that best fits your student and you will get an automated reply indicating that your application was received.
ALL FAMILIES APPLYING FOR Pre-K MUST COMPLETE THE SCREENER.
• Click on the APPLY TODAY link which will display both years 2021-2022 and 2022-2023
• Choose the 2022-2023 school year
**Please note: The 2022-23 tuition process has changed. The tuition application is currently being converted into a digital format. Once that is complete the PK tuition department will email that to those families who are not eligible for the district supported Pre-K program as determined by the screener, but, who are interested in the tuition based program. These will be sent out in the order the Eligibility Screener was received. Tuition applications will be processed on a first come, first served basis. The email will be generated from firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Gather your documents to enroll your student as they will need to be uploaded when you register your child online as in step 3. You will need to upload your child’s birth certificate, immunization record, your current utility bill, and parent’s driver’s license.
3. Go to austinisd.org/enroll and create a Parent Portal account and register your student.
How do I apply for a transfer?
The easiest way to submit your in-district transfer request is to apply through the Austin ISD Portal. The application is called Online Student Transfer Request.
• Students new to Austin ISD need to complete online registration (also in the AISD Portal) before submitting their transfer request.
For in-person service or to submit your request non-electronically (in-district beginning Jan. 4 or out-of-district beginning Feb. 1):
1. Mail transfer requests and required documents to:
Office of Student Services
Austin ISD Headquarters
4000 S. IH-35 Frontage Road, Room 151
Austin, TX 78704
2. Email transfer requests and required documents to: AISDtransfers@austinisd.org
3. Meet us curbside! Student Services provides curbside service during business hours. A staff member will provide the form for you and will copy the necessary documents.
Please note: Two schools are frozen to transfers for the 2022–23 school year: Bowie High School and Lamar Middle School. To learn more, visit www.austinisd.org/transfer/faqs.
Where can I learn more about specialty programs?
Starting in Pre-K and going through our students’ senior year, we have dozens of programs that prepare students for college, careers and life. From fine arts academies and dual language to earning free college credits, you can have it all in Austin ISD. Learn more about our specialty programs at www.austinisd.org/haveitall.
2 - Emily Moranski
3 - Patty Candelaria
9 - Andrea Bredl
13 - Denise Tharp
13 - Laura Davis
14 - Carolyn McKaskle
14 - Tracy Cardenas